Thursday, January 26, 2012

Conquering Mt. Pico de Loro


PICO DE LORO
Major jump-off: Maragodon
664 MASL
Days required / Hours: 1-2 days / 2-5 hours
Specs: Minor, Difficulty 3/9, Trail class 1-3


Summit of Pico De Loro
My first hiking/trekking experience was last March 2009, when my fellow officemates invited me to join in their mountain climbing activities organized by some coworkers in Pico De Loro. At first I was hesitate to join because I am not into mountain climbing. I taught it was only for boys because I taught it was difficult. I search Pico De Loro if it has easy trail. Upon searching and reading thru blogs and forums. I was amazed with the scenes. So I said, I will go!

Fellow Campers
Base Camp 1
Along trek

Jump shot at first Summit


Lots of campers

at the summit

It was fun and full of excitement since that was the first time I go for a climb with the height of 664 meters above sea level. I’m so happy because I made it to go to the peak to see the beauty of nature.

How to go there:

Going to Pico De Loro takes about a 2-3 hour bus ride to Cavite, where you get off at a town called Marigondon. From there you take a tricycle ride to the ranger station, where you also have to register. The tricycle charged us 200 pesos but from what we gathered from the locals, it was supposed to be a good deal. Or better have a private car to go there.
·         Bus from Lawton to Maragondon = P 60.00 (or if the fare increased)
·         Maragondon to Jump-off point (magnetic sign) = P 300.00 – 500.00 (Hired Jeepney)
·         Pay an “entrance” fee to the Nipa Hut described (not much but it will also be as payment for the use of urinal and replenish water)

  

No comments: